The Canadian Association of Wound Care (CAWC) is a non-profit organisation of healthcare professionals, researchers, corporate supporters, patients and caregivers dedicated to the advancement of wound care in Canada.
Since 1995, the CAWC through the efforts of its professional volunteers has enhanced the skills and knowledge of health professionals through our annual professional conference and educational events held in communities across Canada.
CAWC is dedicated to a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach to wound management and prevention to improve the health of Canadians. Our Association focuses our efforts in three key areas:
- Professional education to enhance health professionals’ knowledge, skills and abilities;
- Research to enhance understanding of effective wound management and prevention; and
- Public information on how to prevent and manage wounds, as well as public policy and advocacy to make a real difference in the lives of Canadians.
Our efforts to improve the health of Canadians living with wounds or at high risk of preventable wounds include:
- Enhancing professional education based on the best available evidence;
- Supporting investments in wound management and prevention research, including research in public policy;
- Informing and educating the public, including governments; and
- Empowering patients and the people who care for them to speak effectively in support of effective wound management and prevention.